I wanted to give a bit of an update after the last post. Yes, motherhood has felt particularly difficult over the past several weeks, but also YES, I have a God who is alive and who meets me in the midst of all of life’s struggles and provides even more than what I need. And my heart is refreshed and thankful today as I think about …
- grace and mercies new every morning – and every moment – as I need them
- the refreshment of a week with family – who reminded me what a delight Lucia & Alethia are to us
- moments to relax on the beach without having to track down the girls (thank you, Gigi & Pops!!)
- the infinite horizon of the ocean meeting the sky that is just a tiny picture of the infinite love of God for His people “O, the deep, deep love of Jesus … vast, unmeasured, boundless, free … rolling as a mighty ocean, in its fullness over me …” (lines from my favorite hymn)
- a date with Seth in Charleston
- the refreshment of God’s Word – recently decided to read through the book of James. Its practical wisdom has been just what I need in this season of life, from the book called the “Proverbs of the New Testament.”
- a day to be with God’s people and worship and receive the bread & the wine … and rest (thanks to a longer nap from the twins)
- friends who encourage, pray for me, remind me that I am not alone in the hard days (you know who you are – thank you!)
- my husband who faithfully loves and cares for me and our daughters
- our God who is always faithful and loving and merciful, unchanging though all else can seem like it has changed
3 thoughts on “thankful”
Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed reading today’s article very much. Spending time with my family is something I do often. I try to keep up with today’s trends so we have more in common. Thanks again for sharing your article.
This post was EXACTLY what I needed today. Peace, Dear Sister.
THANK YOU…and thank you for reading Twinfatuation/Twinspiration! 🙂 )
Thanks, Cheryl. Peace is exactly what is needed, especially as a mom of busy 8 month old twins (or kids of any age!!).